All you need to know about COVID-19 & Sanitisation
Updated: May 11, 2020
What is Covid-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory, infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered Coronavirus. Covid-19 symptoms include shortness of breath, fever, coughing and a sore throat, however can be prevented through good hygiene and physical distancing. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. COVID-19 is now a pandemic affecting many countries globally.
How does Covid-19 spread?
The Covid-19 virus can spread from person to person, through:
close contact with an infectious person (including in the 48 hours before they had symptoms)
contact with droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze
touching objects or surfaces (like doorknobs or tables) that have droplets from an infected person, and then touching your mouth or face
How can I prevent spreading Covid-19?
The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is to be well informed about the COVID-19 virus, the symptoms and how it spreads. You can reduce your chances of being infected or spreading COVID-19 by taking some simple precautions:
• Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
• Maintain at least a 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. (e.g. Sneezing into your bent elbow, or a tissue).
• If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call by telephone in advance if possible and follow the directions of your local health authority.
• Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as WHO or your local and national health authorities.
How can Sani Station help?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), hand sanitizer is one of the best tools available to avoid getting sick and spreading germs. By placing our Sani stations in strategic locations and high traffic areas, you can encourage customers to improve their hand hygiene and make your space a healthier environment to visit.